Some of the issues related to primary pupils using the internet are:
- Accessing inappropriate content on the internet
- Using ‘mature’ social networking sites, such as Facebook, and connecting with individuals they don’t know
- Being cyberbullied by others on the internet
- Using technology appropriately, e.g. webcams and cameras on mobile devices
- Sharing personal information with others they don’t know on the internet.
- Playing video games with adult rating, e.g. Call of Duty
If you feel that your child is being groomed or abused online, then use the Child Exploitation Online Protection (CEOP) Centre’s reporting form: ceop.police.uk/safety-centre/
THE IMPORTANT MESSAGE IS THAT PRIMARY-AGED CHILDREN CAN SPEAK TO A RESPONSIBLE ADULT IF THEY FEEL WORRIED ABOUT SOMETHING RELATED TO THE INTERNET.
The resources on this page are to help pupils and parents to understand the risks and how to make devices safer to use.