All our school meals are freshly prepared by an on site catering team, to menus set by Hutchisons Catering, our School Meal Contractor using only:
- fresh meat and poultry sourced from the region;
- fruit and vegetables sourced regionally where possible using local suppliers;
- have a three-menu cycle, allowing children to become familiar with the food served;
- are changed every term to reflect the seasons
For years 3 to 6 the cost of a school meal is £2.45. This can be paid via ParentPay. Pupils in Years 3 to 6 may be entitled to free school meals. Please see the http://northyorks.gov.uk/freeschoolmeals for guidance. Scroll down the page for further details about school meals and for the menu.
From September 2014 key stage one children (Reception, years 1 and 2) are entitled to a Universal Free School Meal. This is offered automatically and does not need to be applied for.
Free School Meals
Free school meals are available to children whose parents are in receipt of one or more of the following benefits:
- income support
- income-based job seeker’s allowance
- income-related employment and support allowance
- child tax credit with an income of less than £16,190 and not in receipt of working tax credit
- Universal Credit – if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
- support under part VI of the immigration and asylum act 1999
- guarantee element of state pension credit
Where parents are entitled to working tax credit during a four week “run on” period immediately after their employment has ceased, or after they have started to work less than 16 hours per week, their children are entitled to free school meals.
Children who receive income support or income based jobseeker’s allowance in their own right are also entitled to free school meals.
Should you meet the above criteria, you can apply by using the application form below
Applications are usually processed the same day. If your child is entitled to free school meals you will receive a letter confirming the date when the meals will start. The school is also notified that your child is entitled to free school meals. In the meantime, you should continue to pay for free school meals until confirmation comes through. Schools may be able to arrange a reimbursement of any monies paid whilst your entitlement is being confirmed.
Please advise the school office of any special dietary requirements. Please note we are a ‘nut free’ school and nuts should not be included in packed lunches from home.
You can download our Medical and dietary update form here:
Please see the menu below for our current menu:
Whilst we feel that all children benefit from a freshly cooked meal at lunchtime we understand that some parents prefer to send in a packed lunch. If this is the case we ask that you provide a healthy lunch which includes a balanced variety of food groups. Sweets and fizzy drinks are not allowed. We encourage parents not to send in nuts or nut products in children’s packed lunches, as we have some children who can suffer severe allergic reactions. This also applies to packed lunches for educational visits.