The Jorvik Sports partnership supports us to meet good outcomes in physical education for pupils by providing specialist PE teachers, a competitive sports fixture list for all age groups and festivals for all pupils to take part in at Archbishop Holgates Secondary School.
Osbaldwick Primary Academy has achieved the Gold School Games Award for 2018-19. This is a national award which celebrates lots of our children completing 2 hours of high quality PE a week and being highly active both in and out of school.
Our vision is to give our teachers high quality continual professional development whilst bringing in experts to enhance our provision of sport. Last year this included:
- Staff mentoring for up to 12 staff for half a term each.
- Staff CPD
- Expertise in school
We aim to ensure pupils of all ages are active throughout the day and develop and love of activity and healthy lifestyle choices. Facilitation includes:
- 6 half term lunchtime clubs
- Playleader training allowing years 5/6 pupils to lead lunchtime games under supervision on lunchtime supervisors.
- Intra School Competition for all year groups
- Health related activities targeting the least active.
- Completed Inclusive Action Plan.
- Online consultation tool to identify the least active and what activities they would like to try.
- 6 half terms of after school clubs.
- Chance to Shine – Cricket CPD.
- Access to competitions outside the school games
- School Games Competition Management Results System.
Triathlon was just one of the many sports activities that we take part in to encourage pupils to develop an interest in sport and choose healthy lifestyle choices.